Saturday, August 19, 2017

NEW HOUSE




After 15 years of restoring and enjoying my 200 year old farmhouse and property, I'm moving on to a new challenge nearby.  I've been looking for the past year in the neighborhood and nearby village for a house that needs some loving care and found my new project!

A weather beaten house by the sea kept calling to me, it came up for sale this summer and I bought it. Now I hope that I can find someone to take over this special property with all it's outbuildings and boathouse on the lake, where I've had so many memorable times with friends and family. 

The new house needs a lot of work, but I am keeping the footprint the same and the interior layout will stay the same. Construction has started and we are now replacing the damaged siding, and insulating along the way, re-trimming all the windows, and installing  new exterior light fixtures.

Although the house is the same size (actually a bit bigger)than my existing home,
it is on a small piece of land, and has views for miles of the wetlands and the bay.  On a clear day, you can see the Atlantic Ocean!

I'll be documenting some of the decisions I'm making here and showing before and after images - hope you'll enjoy the process! 

2 comments:

  1. Hope this new house will bring a new book with before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Will always love your exceptional work and can hardly wait to see you new digs and the renovations. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas by the Sea

 My first Christmas by the sea is a magical one...simple greenery and favorite white flowers with a fire burning are all I need...warm hol...